We are Generation Teach. We partner with local schools to provide talented and diverse young people with transformative summer teaching experiences to inspire and prepare them to pursue careers in urban teaching. We recruit college and college-bound students to a Summer Teaching Fellowship to introduce them to the complex and intellectually demanding work of teaching and to challenge them as learners and leaders. We invite fellows to teach with us over multiple summers and offer differentiated pathways into teaching through partnerships with schools and teacher education programs. Our hope is that these early experiences in urban education shape talented young people’s career choices while better preparing them for the rigors of their future professions.
You are hungry for an inspiring intellectual challenge and ready to immerse yourself in an intensive summer experience that will push you to grow personally and professionally. You believe in the power of the collective and aspire to be part of something bigger than yourself. You are respectful of and engaged in the lives and the learning of others. You are eager to join a diverse and dynamic community of learners who support one another to grow and who strive to be better every day. You celebrate successes and learn from failures. You believe in a better world for our children and are ready to invest your best effort into creating better learning opportunities for children in urban communities.
- Complete 2 weeks of intensive teacher training in classroom management, lesson planning, and content pedagogy.
- Teach math, engineering, reading, or social studies to small groups of middle school students each day during our 5-week STEAM Academy.
- Practice your teaching and reflect on your students’ learning in daily team meetings.
- Work with your Teacher Coach to refine your practice, develop your skills, and pursue excellence for your students.
- Lead academic challenges, enrichment programming, field trips, and community meetings.
- Reflect on your work with your colleagues, coach, and directors.
- Become an active part of the school and community in which your students live and learn.
- Receive a taxable scholarship to offset living costs.
The Summer Teaching Fellowship is offered to individuals who will, as of this summer, be rising college freshmen through rising college seniors. Students of all majors are encouraged to apply; prior teaching experience or education coursework is not required. Priority will be given to students who are local to the Denver, CO area. Apply now at www.generationteach.org.